A Standard Home Inspection is a non-invasive, visual examination of the accessible areas of a residential property.
My inspections are designed to identify structural, operational and safety of specific systems and components defined by the ASHI Standards of Practice as set aside by the State of Mississippi.
Pre Listing Check List
- Make sure all light bulbs are operational.
- Make sure there are smoke detectors in each bedroom and in the hallway outside the bedrooms.
- Make sure there is a CO detector in the home. (Not all inspectors call this one)
- Make sure all bedroom windows will open.
- Make sure all sink and exterior electrical outlets have GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupters).
- Make sure the attic and electrical panels are accessible and cleared of storage.
- Make sure the dishwasher has a raised drain loop, preferably to the counter top.
- Make sure the stove will not tip forward and has an anti-tip device.
- Check for rot around windows, doors, over hangs and fascia boards.
- Make sure all utilities are on, electric, gas and water.